- Whom do I contact about . . . ?
- What is the email address for the all-faculty listserv?
- What are the guidelines for posting a new faculty position?
- Where can I find a list of open faculty positions?
- Where do I go for information about post-docs at Notre Dame?
- Who stamps passports/visas?
- What benefits are available to faculty?
- Where can I find the Faculty Handbook?
- Where can I learn more about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?
Please see the contact list for the Office of the Provost.
This process is initiated by the appropriate dean, institute director, or the head of an authorized academic unit. A position management form (PMF) is completed and sent to the Office of the Provost for approval. Once approved by the Office of the Provost, the Budget Office then creates a new position line.
Open faculty positions are listed at facultypositions.nd.edu.
Please visit the Office for Postdoctoral Scholars website at postdocs.nd.edu.
Debbie Gabaree in the Office of General Counsel. She may be reached at Gabaree.firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-6411.
See the description of faculty benefits.
The Faculty Handbook is now being provided exclusively online at facultyhandbook.nd.edu. This approach is more environmentally conscious and cost efficient, and also permits the contents of the Handbook to be updated as needed instead of on an annual basis, which was the past practice when the Handbook was updated and published only at the beginning of each school year.
Answers to questions faculty commonly ask about FERPA as well as a link to the University’s FERPA tutorial can be found at provost.nd.edu/ferpa.