NDLead is an initiative for faculty that aims to shape the next generation of academic leaders. This nine-month program strengthens the performance of possible future academic leaders across the University by increasing their self-awareness, deepening their understanding of Notre Dame’s mission and operations, and facilitating growth in complex decision-making and communication skills essential for leadership.
- Offered every other year
- Five sessions scheduled two to three months apart, each typically one-and-a-half days in duration
Tenured late-associate or full professors with identified leadership potential. Nominations for participants are solicited from deans, associate provosts, and the provost.
- Personality Traits
- 360 Leadership Assessment (individual coaching provided)
- Goal Setting & Strategic Planning
- Under Pressure—Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- Health and Wellness
- Conducting Authentic Conversations as Leaders
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Leadership in a Catholic Institution
- Running a University
- Understand Why Change is So Hard and Unlock Your Leadership Potential
- Previous NDLead participants
- Faculty administrators
- HR from a chair’s perspective
- Insight from the deans
- Lunch with leaders in the University (offered every session)
- Opening dinner
- Social networking happy hour at end of each session
- Closing dinner
NDLead is next scheduled to run during the 2017–18 academic year. Questions can be directed to Laura Carlson, vice president and associate provost and dean of the Graduate School, at 631-8052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.