NDLead is an initiative for faculty that aims to shape the next generation of academic leaders. This nine-month program strengthens the performance of possible future academic leaders across the University by increasing their self-awareness, deepening their understanding of Notre Dame’s mission and operations, and facilitating growth in complex decision-making and communication skills essential for leadership.
- Offered every other year
- Five sessions scheduled two to three months apart, each typically one-and-a-half days in duration
Tenured late-associate or full professors with identified leadership potential. Nominations for participants are solicited from deans, associate provosts, and the provost.
- Personality Traits
- 360 Leadership Assessment (individual coaching provided)
- Goal Setting & Strategic Planning
- Under Pressure—Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- Health and Wellness
- Conducting Authentic Conversations as Leaders
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Leadership in a Catholic Institution
- Running a University
- Understand Why Change is So Hard and Unlock Your Leadership Potential
- Previous NDLead participants
- Faculty administrators
- HR from a chair’s perspective
- Insight from the deans
- Lunch with leaders in the University (offered every session)
- Opening dinner
- Social networking happy hour at end of each session
- Closing dinner
Questions can be directed to Laura Carlson, vice president and associate provost and dean of the Graduate School, at 631-8052 or email@example.com.