There are several different types of leave available to Notre Dame faculty members.
Faculty Leave of Absence procedures are for those interested in taking a leave to conduct research or engage in other professional activities.
- Please note that faculty leave processes vary by college/school. For more detailed information, contact the relevant dean’s office.
- Form L: Request for Leave of Absence (NetID required)
- Form L Packet Enclosures Checklist (NetID required)
- The Faculty Family and Medical Leave Policy (FMLA) permits eligible faculty to take leave for their own serious health condition; for the birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child; and to care for a child, spouse, or parent who has a serious health condition. All leaves are consistent with the provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA).
- The University’s Parental Leave Policy is intended to support faculty as they balance professional and family duties before and after the birth or adoption of a child. Parental leave may be provided beyond the period of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).