Information for Faculty
By design, the Office of the Provost serves as something of a clearinghouse for University information pertinent to faculty, ranging from those who have just arrived on campus to longtime members of the Notre Dame community.
If, on the other hand, you are in search of specific forms, guidelines, or reports, you should visit either Guidelines, Reports, & Admin Tools or, in the case of committee findings, Committees. (Note that accessing Guidelines, Reports, & Admin Tools will require you first enter your NetID and password.)
Please also feel free to consult the Office of the Provost contact list, which offers guidance on where to direct more detailed inquiries, and the list of frequently requested resources below.
- Faculty Leaves
- Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure (RPT) Process
- President’s Guidelines for Resolving Controversial Issues (29 kb PDF)
- Class Attendance Policy (Section 3.1 of Undergraduate Academic Code)
- Faculty Hiring (including Interfolio) (NetID required)
- Guidelines for University Centers and Institutes (114 kb PDF – NetID required)
- Procedures for University Centers and Institutes (89 kb PDF – NetID required)
In addition to publishing council rosters and a schedule of upcoming meetings, the Office of the Provost maintains an online archive of minutes dating back to 2000–01. Access Academic Council Resources
The Guidelines, Reports, & Admin Tools section of this website houses detailed information about the Faculty Retirement Transition Program. Go to the FRTP Page