On Tuesday (May 25), Marie Lynn Miranda, Charles and Jill Fischer Provost at the University of Notre Dame, announced the winners of several annual awards as part of a broader recognition of all those Notre Dame faculty members who have achieved career milestones this spring.
Faculty Milestones and Promotions
Each year, the Office of the Provost recognizes faculty who have:
- been promoted, including those who have earned tenure
- assumed an academic leadership role
- reached emerita/emeritus status
- completed 25 or 50 years of service to the University
The full list of faculty who have earned these distinctions in 2021 is available at: provost.nd.edu/milestones-and-promotions.
Through a group of 10 annual awards, faculty and staff are honored for excellence in research, teaching, and other work in support of Notre Dame’s academic community.
These awards are coordinated by the Office of the Provost, with the exception of the Research Achievement Award and the Toohey Awards, which are presented by Notre Dame Research and the Office of Campus Ministry, respectively.
This year’s recipients are:
- Provost’s Award for Academic Support of Student-Athletes – Adam M. Sargent
- Faculty Award (co-honoree) – David T. Leighton
- Faculty Award (co-honoree) – Mark J. McCready
- Faculty Award (co-honoree) – Nicole M. McNeil
- Faculty Award (co-honoree) – Michael Pfrender
- Reinhold Niebuhr Award – Heidi Beidinger-Burnett
- Grenville Clark Award – Michael J. Mannor II
- Research Achievement Award – Nora J. Besansky
- Rev. Paul J. Foik, C.S.C., Award – Patricia A. Lawton
- Thomas P. Madden Award – Rev. Kevin G. Grove, C.S.C.
- Rev. William A. Toohey, C.S.C., Award for Preaching – Rev. Gerard J. Olinger, C.S.C.
- Rev. William A. Toohey, C.S.C., Award for Social Justice – Kraig Beyerlein
- President’s Award – Dianne M. Pinderhughes
Citations for each award winner are available through the above links.
Earlier this month, the Office of the Provost also announced the recipients of the Dockweiler Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising and the Rev. Edmund P. Joyce, C.S.C., Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching.